Search Engine Optimization
“The success of a page should be measured by one criteria: Does the visitor do what you want them to do?” (Aaron Wall)
What means Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics. These are used to increase the number of visitors to a website by getting a better placement in search engines (SERPs) – such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and other.
It’s a great practice for Internet users not to search through pages and search results pages. So, if a website appears as high as possible after a search, it will increase the traffic to that website. The more the website is more visible in search results in the search engine list, the greater is the chance of winning more visitors.
Search Engine Optimization is, therefore, a set of “white hat” practices. These practices are used by webmasters and web developers to help them achieve a very good position in search engine search results.
YOUR WEBSITE SHOULD APPEAR ON GOOGLETM
A good content encourages people to link your pages and to show that the pages of the website are interesting. This leads to success on the search engine because Google wants to show interesting and authoritative pages in the search list.
What are search engines looking for?
Search engines want to do their best to send users to websites and content that are relevant to what they are looking for. How is this relevance determined?
- Content: It is determined by the theme of your website, the texts on the pages, the titles and descriptions found in it.
- Performance: How fast is the website and is it consistent?
- Authority: Does your website have enough content to get others to link to you on their website? Are authoritative websites using your website as a reference in that domain?
- User experience: How does the website look like? Is it adapted to mobile devices, is it easy for a user to find the information they want?
What search engines are NOT looking for?
If you want to fool search engines, the chances of harming yourself are very high. The following few things are not wanted by search engines:
- Too many and insignificant keywords;
- An unpleasant user experience: The website should be made easy for anyone who visits it to get the information they are looking for. Too many advertisements or a lame structure lead the user to leave the page shortly, without the chance to ever come back. For example, popups annoy users. There are very rare cases where a popup is welcome.
How Google indexes web pages?
Google promotes authority pages, of high quality at the top of searches so it’s your goal to create such pages. This involves writing content by qualified people, or adding clear, interesting texts. Such texts are found on blogs, feeds and, lately, Google has begun to rely on such authority signals.
- Write useful content that contains words and phrases used by people who are looking for your products and services;
- You must do it in such a way to make it easy for visitors to link, distribute the page.
How do I get links?
Links are important, but quantity and quality should not be confused and we do not have to think of links as a separate part of the content. It is very important to understand a fact. That if the website will have a very good content then it greatly increases the chances of getting the links on other websites. This thing can help you a lot.
In other words, if your website has content that is worth showing to others, then you have secured your success. Large websites do not want inferior quality content, why would they want something like that?
There are many ways to get links but none of those methods will be successful if the website is inferior.
You have to think about what kind of content it would attract the potential customers you are looking for. Create a very good, easy-to-follow website that has enough content, tailored to mobile devices, and facilitates its sharing on social networking sites.
If you need help, contact us.